A Coinmetro business or company account is an account that may only be used by a verified representative of a verified company or business. The account must be registered to a company, business, or institution. You can open a business account in addition to a personal account.
Before proceeding with the opening or verification of your business account:
- Have your required documents ready to show who the beneficial owners and managers are.
- Have your financial documents ready.
- Be prepared to answer compliance-related questions
What verification documents are required for business accounts?
The specific documents we require for a business account may vary depending on the country, but the general verification documents include:
- Identification documents for the person opening the account.
- Identification documents for all managers/directors.
- A certificate of incorporation/formation or equivalent.
- Articles of the organization/incorporation or equivalent.
- A document showing your company's beneficial owners (BOs)—shareholders, members statement, etc.
- A document showing company management—directors, managers, the managing board, etc.
- The most up-to-date financial report or equivalent, or a bank statement from the past 6 months or since the creation of the company.
- An entry from an online business register.
Our compliance team will also contact you via email with additional questions about your company.
Please note that all beneficial owners are required to submit their IDs, and we cannot onboard business clients who do not provide financial documents, all the requested information, or answers to questions asked via email.
Businesses in the United States
For our US business clients, the following verification documents are generally required, regardless of the state of incorporation:
- Identification documents for the person opening the account
- Identification documents for all managers/directors of the business
- A Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Secretary of State (SOS) or Commonwealth
- Articles of your organization/incorporation or equivalent issued or endorsed by the SOS
- An Employer Identification Number (EIN) letter issued by the IRS
- An Operating Agreement/Bylaw that shows the members of the company and its management
- A bank statement from the past 6 months or financial accounts covering the previous year
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide our services to businesses located in Washington, Hawaii, or New York states.
Please note that all beneficial owners are required to submit their IDs. We are unable to onboard clients that do not provide financial documents and all the requested information or do not provide answers to the questions asked via email.
Article is closed for comments.