Coinmetro has implemented a profile verification procedure to comply with rapidly evolving international regulations and protect both itself and its clients. By completing the verification process, you can safeguard yourself from legal risks and access a more stable level of service.
Proof of Identification:
To verify your profile and enable you to start trading with us, we require you to submit a photo of yourself and a valid identification document. These photos are taken live using our verification software.
Acceptable documents for proof of identity are as follows:
- Passports from any country we are licensed to serve
- Driver's licenses from most countries, with a few exceptions
- Identity cards from most European Economic Area and EU countries.
Please note that we can only accept the above-listed documents as proof of identification. Your account will display the available options for your country, so please refrain from uploading any other documents.
How to Get Started
To initiate the Profile Verification process, simply navigate to your Coinmetro Dashboard and click on "Verify My Account."
For additional security, you will be required to confirm the verification via email and SMS or by scanning the provided QR code. This page will remain locked until you complete this step. The process must be completed on a mobile device or tablet.
Tips for Submitting Identification Documents
- The identification document used must still be valid when uploaded. If it is close to expiry, you will need to provide an updated document before the expiry date.
- The document should not display any evidence of manipulation such as edits, watermarks, impediments, etc.
- Ensure that the document is fully visible and in focus to display all details, including your first and last name, date of birth, ID number, signature, and both issue and expiry dates.
- Switch off the flash on your camera/device to avoid any glare and ensure there is sufficient lighting in the room.
- Please ensure that your device can support taking high-resolution photos. If not, try using another device.
- If you are using an ID card or driver's license, we need to see both sides of the document and the four outside corners. You will be required to upload images of both the front and back of the document.
- If using a passport, both the top and bottom pages must be fully visible, as well as the four outside corners.
- The image cannot be scanned, modified, or altered from its original form.
Tips for Taking a Good Selfie
- Use natural sunlight instead of artificial light.
- Choose a plain-colored, solid background.
- Avoid uploading blurry or low-quality images. Ensure that your device can support taking high-resolution photos. If not, try using another device.
Proof of Address
As a secure and regulated exchange, Coinmetro requires your full and complete residential address. In some cases, we may also require proof of address for additional verification purposes.
Acceptable documents for proof of address include:
- Utility bills (gas, water, or electric) dated within the past three months and that cover at least a one-month period
- Bank statements dated within the past three months that cover at least a one-month period
- Tax income letters dated within the past year
- Residential property rent/lease agreements.
Please note that we cannot accept any documents that are not stated on the list above.
Source of Wealth (Required for Tier 2 - Unlimited Deposits and Withdrawals)
Source of wealth refers to the means through which you accumulated the money being used to fund your Coinmetro account. We require source of wealth documentation when monthly deposits/withdrawals exceed €500,000 or the equivalent combined. Source of wealth documentation may also be required for other reasons, such as related to account activity.