If you would like to start trading with more precision than just buying and selling, or if you'd like a quick breakdown of CoinMetro's Exchange platform, then you're in the right place!
For educational content regarding order types and other functionality, please review our Education category.
Why use the Exchange platform?
Using the Dashboard Buy/Sell functionality, you can very easily buy or sell cryptocurrency at a fixed price, making it perfect for quick trades at best available price. The Exchange platform instead offers more much more precise trading, placing orders at various price points to be traded in the future, and more:
- Buy or sell at best available price, same as the Dashboard Buy/Sell (market order);
- Price chart with built-in trading indicators;
- The order book displays all orders for that trading pair, showing at what prices other traders are looking to buy or sell;
- Limit orders allowing you to place an order to be filled at a specific price;
- Stop orders to limit losses in case the market moves against you;
- Easy overview of your pending and previous orders.
Please note: to enable stop orders and finer order control such as allowing partial fills, this must be enabled from the settings menu, available via the cogwheel.
CoinMetro’s Demo Platform is always available if you would like to practice without risk. Please note that the content of this article is not to be seen as trading or financial advice. It is educational only.
Our support team is available around the clock — if you have any questions or feedback, simply click the blue chat bubble in the corner of any CoinMetro page to contact us! (If you cannot see the chat bubble, please disable browser plugins).
You can also email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you within minutes!