If you have not yet verified your profile, please head over to the Profile Verification page.
Why is profile verification required?
CoinMetro has implemented a profile verification procedure to respect rapidly evolving international regulations and to protect itself and its clients. By following the profile verification procedure, you will be protected from legal risks and will receive a more stable level of service.
1. Proof of Identification
What Kind of Identification Documents Are Acceptable?
- Acceptable (must include a photo):
- Driving licenses are able to be accepted from some countries
- National photo ID issued by a country within the European Economic Area
NB. We cannot accept anything other than the above-listed documents as proof of identification. Your account will show the available options for your country; please do not upload any document other than the options shown.
National ID photo:
Proof of ID Photo Instructions
- The ID document used must be valid for at least six months from the date you upload it (Expiration date written)
- There should be no manipulation, edits, watermarks, impediments etc. on the document
- Make sure that the document is fully visible and in focus (including Name & Last name; Date of Birth; ID number)
- Switch off the flash on your camera/device and avoid any glare; and keep in mind the angle from which the light comes
- If using an ID, we need to see both sides of the document (upload 2 images)
- If using a Passport, both pages must be fully visible
Other Photo Tips:
- Natural sunlight is better than artificial light
- Use a plain-coloured, solid background
- Avoid uploading any blurry/low-quality images
2. Proof of Address
What Documents Count as Proof of Address?
Any of the following documents are considered acceptable forms of proof of address, but must not be more than three months old:
- Utility bill (electricity, water, gas, heating, internet);
- A bank-issued statement or account ownership confirmation;
- A landline phone (not mobile) or internet bill, with official company markings visible, e.g. logo, address, stamp etc.
Documents which MAY be accepted (depending on your country):
- Income tax letter (if issued within the last 12 months).
NB! We cannot accept anything other than the above-listed documents as proof of address.
- All edges of the document should be visible in the photo, and the document should fill most of the frame.
- There should be no manipulation, edits, watermarks, impediments etc. on the document (electronic or paper);
- Make sure that the document is fully visible and in focus;
NB! These documents may ONLY be used if they contain a clear and up-to-date address, and must also not be more than three months old
Which Document Languages Are Accepted?
Documents can be accepted in the following languages: English, Estonian, Spanish, Russian, French, Italian and Portuguese. Documents in other languages may be accepted but may require a translation. If in doubt, please contact our customer support team.
In countries where ID documents of private individuals do not bear any signatures, the individual must sign the ID copy, and the signature should be certified together with the document. In case an ID document does not bear an expiry date, the embassy or consulate of the relevant country may be contacted to confirm legitimacy.
The individual certifying the document must provide his full name, an original signature, the date of certification, address and stamp of relevant authority/company as proof of authority and state ‘I, xxx, certify that this copy is a true copy of the original.”
Self-certification is not accepted.
CoinMetro requires the copies to be certified as a true copy, issued within the last twelve months, by an independent and reliable authority, e.g. one of the following:
- a regulated financial institution located in an equivalent country;
- a police officer;
- an embassy;
- a consulate;
- a notary.
As an extra security measure, sometimes we will be doing a final, manual review of the documents. This process can take some time, more than usual. Once completed, we will send a confirmation email to you.
Declined Proof of Identity
In this case, it’s likely that your document was scanned, was cropped, blurry, with glare or a combination of the these. Please refer to the 'Proof of ID Photo Instructions' section presented in this document. Please replace your declined document with a new one which clearly shows the image above.
Declined Proof of Address
If this happens, it’s likely that the proof-of-residency document you sent to us is outdated, has no address on it, or it’s not legible. Please replace your declined document with a new one which clearly shows your current home address and is not more than three months old.
Source of Wealth
Source of Wealth describes the way (or ways) in which you accumulated the money being used to fund your CoinMetro account. Please refer to our Source of Wealth article here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask them on our live chat or get in touch with our support team.
-CoinMetro's Customer Support