If you have not yet verified your profile, please head over to the Profile Verification page.
Why is profile verification required?
CoinMetro has implemented a profile verification procedure to respect rapidly evolving international regulations and to protect itself and its clients. By following the profile verification procedure, you will be protected from legal risks and will receive a more stable level of service.
1. Proof of Identification
To get your profile verified and ready for trading with CoinMetro, we need a selfie and an accepted identity document. These are captured live with CoinMetro's state-of-the-art profile verification software. To get your profile approved should just take a couple of minutes. Ready to get verified?
Acceptable documents for your proof of identity:
- Passports are accepted from any country we are licensed to serve;
- Driver's licenses are accepted from almost all countries, with a few exceptions;
- Identity cards are accepted within the European Economic Area and EU countries.
NB. Internal passports are not able to be accepted for verification. We cannot accept anything other than the above-listed documents as proof of identification. Your account will show the available options for your country; please do not upload any document other than the options shown.
Proof of ID Photo Instructions
- The ID document used must be valid at the time of being uploaded. Should the document expire in the near future, you will be required to provide an updated document.
- There should be no manipulation, edits, watermarks, impediments etc. on the document
- Make sure that the document is fully visible and in focus (including Name & Last name; Date of Birth; ID number; Signature; Expiry date)
- Switch off the flash on your camera/device and avoid any glare; and keep in mind the angle from which the light comes
- If using an ID card or driver's license, we need to see both sides of the document (upload 2 images - front and back side)
- If using a Passport, both pages must be fully visible
Other Photo Tips:
- Natural sunlight is better than artificial light
- Use a plain-coloured, solid background
- Avoid uploading any blurry/low-quality images
2. Proof of Address
CoinMetro requires providing your full and complete residential address. In some instances, we may require you to provide proof of address.
Acceptable address documents:
- Utility bill, e.g. electricity, gas, internet, water, television
- Insurance bill
- Bank statement or bank confirmation letter
- Credit card statements
- Tax income letter
- Government issued document (Population register extract)
NB! We cannot accept anything other than the above-listed documents as proof of address.
- All edges of the document should be visible in the photo, and the document should fill most of the frame.
- There should be no manipulation, edits, watermarks, impediments etc. on the document. Should you wish to cover sensitive information, please do so with a paper covering.
- Make sure that the document is fully visible and in focus.
- Screenshots of PDF and online statements are allowed. Please note pictures of a picture or pictures of a computer screen are not acceptable.
Source of Wealth (required for Tier 2 - unlimited deposits and withdrawals)
Source of Wealth describes the way (or ways) in which you accumulated the money being used to fund your CoinMetro account. Please refer to our Source of Wealth article here.
Our support team is available around the clock — if you have any questions or feedback, simply click the blue chat bubble in the corner of any CoinMetro page to contact us! (If you cannot see the chat bubble, please disable browser plugins).
You can also email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you within minutes!