If you have not yet verified your profile, please head over to the Profile Verification page.
Why is profile verification required?
CoinMetro has implemented a profile verification procedure to respect rapidly evolving international regulations and to protect itself and its clients. By following the profile verification procedure, you will be protected from legal risks and will receive a more stable level of service.
1. Proof of Identification
To get your profile verified and ready for trading with CoinMetro, we need a selfie and an accepted identity document. These are captured live with CoinMetro's state-of-the-art profile verification software. To get your profile approved should just take a couple of minutes. Ready to get verified?
Acceptable documents for your proof of identity:
- Passports are accepted from any country we are licensed to serve;
- Driver's licenses are accepted from almost all countries, with a few exceptions;
- Identity cards issued within the European Economic Area.
NB. We cannot accept anything other than the above-listed documents as proof of identification. Your account will show the available options for your country; please do not upload any document other than the options shown.
National ID photo:
Proof of ID Photo Instructions
- The ID document used must be valid for at least six months from the date you upload it (Expiration date written)
- There should be no manipulation, edits, watermarks, impediments etc. on the document
- Make sure that the document is fully visible and in focus (including Name & Last name; Date of Birth; ID number)
- Switch off the flash on your camera/device and avoid any glare; and keep in mind the angle from which the light comes
- If using an ID, we need to see both sides of the document (upload 2 images)
- If using a Passport, both pages must be fully visible
Other Photo Tips:
- Natural sunlight is better than artificial light
- Use a plain-colored, solid background
- Avoid uploading any blurry/low-quality images
2. Proof of Address (to enable card deposits and fiat withdrawals)
With your identity verified, you can deposit and withdraw cryptocurrency up to €500 000 monthly. To enable card deposits as well as fiat withdrawals and deposits, you would need to enter a valid residency address during the profile verification.
For some instances, we may require you to provide proof of address. What Documents Count as Proof of Address?
Acceptable address documents:
- Utility bill, e.g. electricity bill, gas bill;
- Bank statement or bank documents;
- Credit card statements;
- Tax income letter
NB! We cannot accept anything other than the above-listed documents as proof of address.
- All edges of the document should be visible in the photo, and the document should fill most of the frame.
- There should be no manipulation, edits, watermarks, impediments etc. on the document (electronic or paper);
- Make sure that the document is fully visible and in focus;
Source of Wealth (unlimited deposits and withdrawals)
Source of Wealth describes the way (or ways) in which you accumulated the money being used to fund your CoinMetro account. Please refer to our Source of Wealth article here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask them on our live chat or get in touch with our support team.
-CoinMetro's Customer Support