Below we will detail some security tips and information in relation to the parts of a standart account. This can also be applied on multiple platforms and multiple systems, which will more than likely double the security protection of your accounts.
- Do not use easily identifiable words or numbers (famous dates, birthdays, real life words, repeating, identifiable word/number patterns);
- Saving passwords to a browsers cache is one of the main ways they get compromised;
- Making strong passwords, meaning to use a random combination of numbers and letter (upper and lowercase). Remembering them might be a challenge, or you can use a trusted password management service that can guarantee their security.
- The most vulnerable part of your account on most cases;
- Usually the first thing that gets compromised;
- Keeping your email safe and accessible, usually guarantees that you have the ability to reset your account;
- Overlooking email security could lead to multiple accounts being compromised that are assigned to said email;
- The person who has access to the email will, most likely, have access to reset the account password and possibly other account information.
- The more an email is used to register accounts, the more it is exposed to the risk of being exposed and compromised;
- 2FA, the most accessible and popular tool used by most account providers to secure your individual login, if done right, makes your account almost uncompromisable, just be mindful to use a secure and trusted authentification app and follow proper procedure when moving it to another device;
- SMS verification, ties your account additionally to your mobile number.
- IP Verification: This helps us ensure that your account is not accessed by 3rd parties associated commonly identifiable risk related
- Password management service, this is a way to go to have complicated passwords saved in a system for easy accessibility and security. Although, you are trusting a 3rd party to keep your data safe.